Foodie Search Engine

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Symbolism Behind It All

Some of you know my love for birds, especially the sparrow. Hence the name and inspiration for my blog 'Sparrows & Oranges'. I would like to share with you why I believe the symbolism is a perfect marriage for my creative journey.
Sparrows are tiny birds, sometimes believed to be a symbol of good luck. They are also known to symbolize joy, creativity, simplicity, community, productivity, and friendliness. By association oranges are a symbol of health by stimulating appetite's and evoking wellness. Always nesting and foraging for food, these little birds and vibrant oranges, reminds us of the importance of home, family, and wellness.


2 comments:

bushchazz said...

Ahh...how sweet! I was always wondering why you called it Sparrows & Oranges. This sounds like a great intro to your cooking book ;)

JoeTacoma said...

I love sparrows! I listen to them every morning, and I've watched many of them take their first flight in my backyard.