Foodie Search Engine

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Purple Potato Gnocchi with Parmesan Cream & Thai Basil

This past Saturday I rode my bike up to the farmers market for another causal shopping trip for local produce. This market seams particularly unique, compared to what I am used to on the mainland. Here you can find avocados the size of your head, and fruits and vegetables you've never even heard of. I always try to come home with something new. This weeks find was dollar bag of Peruvian Purple Potatoes and Thai Basil. These vibrant little potatoes intrigued me, while the Thai Basil with its green leaves, and purple flowers seemed to be a match made in heaven.
Using some basic ingredients and and traditional Gnocchi recipe my adventure began. I was on a mission to create Purple Potato Gnocchi with Parmesan Cream & Thai Basil.
For a complete meal, serve with Simple Farm Fresh Tomatoes (recipe below).


1 comment:

bushchazz said...

I have never seen purple potatoes!! How did it come out? Gnocchi is one of my favorite pasta dishes and I have been wanting to make it by hand for some time now. What kind of texture does the purple potatoes have compared to a yellow and does it change the texture of the gnocchi?