Foodie Search Engine

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Strawberry & Orange Creamsicles

The other day my wonderful husband surprised me with the Zoku Ice Pop maker from William Sonoma. It has to be my new favorite kitchen gadgets!! Today I made these cute little Strawberry & Orange Creamsicles that are so yummy. The greatest thing about the Zoku is that it literally takes minutes to make ice pops, so it's perfect for spur of the moment snacks or treat!

So far I've have made various fruit pops and Cappuccino Pops, they are all so delicious but the easiest by far are the fruit pops. To save some time I bought a few different kinds of Odwalla smoothie juices. All you have to do is give it a shake and pour the juice into the pop maker and follow the Zoku directions. In about 5-10 minutes you have 3 cute little Ice Pops. Also, the calories are significantly low because you use such a minimal amount of juice (a little less then 1/4 cup each). The small Odwalla smoothies will go a long way when making these pops, you don't need much.

Since I have been following a Vegan regiment, I used I 'Vanilla Al'Mondo Super Protein' for the cream filling because it is made with soy and oat milk. It also has a banana flavor which goes great with Strawberry and Orange. But if you are vegetarian or non-veg lover, you can also use a sweetened yogurt or cream. Its important to note when making these pops that sugar is an important factor in keeping them from sticking.

Strawberry & Orange Creamsicles
Odwalla Strawberry C Monster
Odwalla Orange Juice or Mango Tango
Vanilla Al'Mondo Super Protien

Using a measuring cup with a pour spout, carefully pour fruit juice into each mold. Since there are only 3 molds, I did two strawberry and one orange. Wait about 1 minute, it doesn't take long. You will start to see the juice freeze around the edges. Once that edge forms, using a straw, suck out the juice in the middle and pour in cream. Place Zoku in the fridge and you should have three beautiful creamsicles in about 5-10 minutes. That's it! A delicious healthy snack in minutes.


2 comments:

Charles and Ashley Bush said...

Oh yeah! Gotta get me some of that! Too bad Cha and I are trying to be good right now.

zack_torro said...

Soooooooo Good! Great investment.